Dallas, Gaston County, North Carolina, USA



 


Notizen: Wikipedia 2020:
Dallas is a small town in Gaston County, North Carolina, and a suburb of Charlotte, located north of Gastonia. The population was 4,488 at the 2010 census. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States under James K. Polk.
History:
Dallas was officially incorporated in 1863 and is the oldest incorporated town in Gaston County. It served as the original county seat for Gaston County from 1846 until 1911. The old Gaston County courthouse, renovated in 1868 after a fire, still stands in the main square of the town and formerly served as the headquarters of the Dallas Police Department. The town government has renovated the courthouse.
Dallas began to decline in importance when the town commissioners refused to appropriate money for construction of bridges over several creeks for the Atlanta and Richmond Air-Line Railway in the 1872. The commissioners said the reason was because residents thought that trains would wake them during the night and frighten their livestock. In 1890, White Caps attacked the town "'Kuklux' style", destroying entire portions of the town. After this the county seat was relocated to Gastonia in 1911.
The Dallas Graded and High School, Dallas Historic District, Hoyle House, and Eli Hoyle House are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

OpenStreetMap

Ort : Geographische Breite: 35.3173083, Geographische Länge: -81.1766481


Gestorben

Treffer 1 bis 2 von 2

   Nachname, Taufnamen    Gestorben    Personen-Kennung 
1 Dellinger, Margaret  25 Nov 1827Dallas, Gaston County, North Carolina, USA I216000
2 Heyl, Johann Peter  1 Nov 1761Dallas, Gaston County, North Carolina, USA I216017